Thursday, October 18, 2007

Is it time for the super-mega-happy ending?

I start my new job tomorrow. It's only temporary (and in an uncommitted way at that), which is why I hesitate to consider myself really and truly employed. But I will go there, and they will pay me money, which I think makes it a job. So maybe it is a job. And I shall be a librarian, although I shall never use my librarian powers for evil. And it's in a children's library, which is kind of fun. I do enjoy talking to children, much more so than adults.

To distract myself from the inevitable night-before-new-job nervousness, I went to see The Jane Austen Book Club, which makes two sort of lame-seeming movies that turned out to be OK, all in one week (the other being The Kingdom). And I have to say, the Emily Blunt character in this movie, Prudie, wears the BEST CLOTHES. EVER. She wears the clothes that the librarians of my dreams wear: empire-waist baby doll dresses, little lacy jackets, wool pencil skirts, and so on. She looks totally dainty and demure and a little gothic and sort of repressed and Victorian, but also sexy, like she might not be wearing underwear. It's awesome. Sometimes I so wish I was skinny, if only so I could make better fashion statements. I half-heartedly looked on the internets to show you a picture, but to no avail.

----------------
Currently listening to: Pedro the Lion - Bands With Managers
via FoxyTunes

No comments: